Friday, January 21, 2011

Where to begin?

Let's be honest, the first blog post is always awkward. I can't even count the number of times I've started a blog and then couldn't continue, due to first-blog-associated shame.
It's just like starting a new journal. You put your pen to the first sheet of fresh paper and wonder where on earth you're supposed to start. I've filled a lot of journals, so I've had a lot of experience with this.
I love to write in my journal.
I do it every day.
I have filled more notebooks, diaries, and composition books than anyone should.
Sometimes I throw them away, and sometimes I keep them around. Other times I throw parts of them away and keep other parts around. Some of my journals are organized, and some are backwards, upside-down, and inside-out. When I run out of pages, I write all around the margins. And when my journal isn't around or I run out of paper, I write on school notes, planners, sticky-notes, church programs, calendars, and Googledocs until I can get my hands on another 58cent composition book from Walmart.
Which brings us back to this blog! (What an unfortunate word... let's avoid using that.)
This is another outlet for me to spill my soul to the world as I imagine I do in my journal. And I've decided to adopt my starting-a-new-journal approach: Don't start, just write.

No comments:

Post a Comment